An absolutely great read, thank you for this. Really lays a foundation on how to go about the learning process.
Hi Matthew and Mr VFX, I’m currently researching this topic of decomposing images into shading and reflectance layers. I would love to learn about what you are trying to use this for to learn more about applications for this technology.
Hi George, I'm currently researching this topic of decomposing images into shading and reflectance layers. Would love to learn about what you are trying to use this for to learn more about applications for this technology.
The team is looking for a highly skilled Senior Environment Artist who will embrace their philosophy and share his/her hard-earned expertise to create an incredible experience.
- Bring life and excitement to the game through your design and implementation of high quality, believable 3D environments and assets.
- Create highly detailed and realistic textures/materials.
- Work closely with designers and art leads to ensure that environments and assets match quality bar and vision for the game.
- Ensure that art assets are performant, and fit within their memory budgets. Fix bugs as needed.
- Conduct research for reference material, participate in photo shoots and help build texture library.
- Follow schedule and deliver assets on time.
- 5+ years’ experience as a 3D Artist.
- Portfolio of highly detailed 3D art with a focus on environments and variety of subject matter (buildings, props, natural landscapes, etc.) Portfolio should show quality, taste, and ability to hit a photorealistic/believable look.
- Mastery of relevant software packages such as Maya, Photoshop, Substance, and Zbrush.
- Strong understanding of scale, proportion, and surface properties.
- Experience working within a game engine and implementing 3D work into engine.
- Passion for making and playing games.
- Shipped AAA game(s) a plus.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and other health and welfare plans.
- Disability, Life, and AD&D insurance benefits.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for heath and child care.
- 401K with company match and no vesting period.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
- Generous parental leave for new parents.
- Free games and company store with discounts on games and consoles.
- Other perks include education assistance, commuter benefits, adoption assistance, legal services, mental health support, and group home, auto, and pet insurance.
- Paid time off, as well as holiday office closures including shutdown between Christmas and New Year’s.
- Company-sponsored team events such as regular staff parties, food trucks, tournaments, movie screenings, game conventions, Ragnar relay races, and launch parties.
- Game room with a pool table, ping pong, foosball, arcade and tabletop games.
- Fully stocked kitchens with fresh fruit, breakfast, snacks, and more.
- Convenient meal order service for on-site lunch deliveries.
- State of the art on-site gym with 24/7 access.
- On-site yoga classes, massages, and car washes.
- A variety of interest groups and outdoor activities to join with other Respawn Employees: table top games club, poker club, beer club, kit-bashing club, running/hiking, biking, basketball, and soccer among others.
- Friendly, caring co-workers and management.