This priest surely committed to his celibate there...
Cheap art will be just that. The true value lies in commitment and hard work. This is just a tool and without a creative mind operating it the results will hold no magic. Did photography kill painting? I think both are doing and developing rather well.
Blizzard is looking for an exceptionally skilled Senior FX artist to join their team on an unannounced project.
- Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team-player attitude
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in creating real-time VFX for games
- Have shipped AAA PC or console titles as a senior VFX artist
- Solid knowledge of rendering engines and experience designing VFX shaders
- Thorough understanding of the interplay between VFX / PostFX integration and performance
- Game play oriented with a design focused mindset
- Able to paint VFX textures from scratch and match an established style
- Able to help set and maintain project-wide style consistency
- Capable of mentoring junior artists
- Able to carry an idea from the conceptual phase to the finished effect
- A passion for video games
- Previous experience working on a first-person or other action-oriented game
- Leadership experience
- Experience developing a new VFX tools pipeline
- Working knowledge of software packages such as Houdini, Fume FX, etc.
- Scripting experience in Lua, Python, etc
- 2D or 3D animation experience
Required Application Materials
- Resume and cover letter
- Portfolio or demo reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills and the ability to use light, shadow, and color to create a variety of tones and moods
- An art test may be required if the work presented doesn’t adequately demonstrate an ability to match a desired style for the game