Thanks, Allar! Good luck with your new project!
Who just carries around $250.000 worth of files on a portable hardrive without any backups.. The bug is stupid, but this guy is a moron.
Michael Allar here. Thanks a bunch for posting this, I really appreciate it. I'm also the guy who wrote that Confessions article that was posted here on 80.lvl as well.
Being part of Ubisoft Paris studio, you will join the production team of a AAA open-world project.
- Implementing Level Art elements and being in charge of graphic compositing of realistic environments
- Working closely with Level Designers on each setting to meet Gameplay and Art constraints
- Modeling different type of assets to populate the environment
- Texturing of assets you created, considering PBR rendering constraints
- Being responsible for game engine integration of your assets complying with technical and Gameplay constraints
- Ensuring your work follows the artistic direction while bringing your uniqueness and creativity
- You have at least 6 years of experience as Level Artist on at least one AAA production
- You also have an excellent sense of composition and you are comfortable designing realistic scenes under 3DS Max, Maya or Zbrush.
- Some knowledge on Painter Substance and Designer would be an advantage.
- Autonomous, creative and endowed with a great ability to adapt to production constraints
- You demonstrate a strong interest for the video game industry and grew a large video game background
- You can easily work with English-speaking colleagues and in a multicultural team