Beenox is looking for a passionate Lighting Artist to join their team to develop the best games in the industry.
- Achieve and maintain lighting of indoor and outdoor levels, using dynamic and/or static lighting tools to enhance a scene or a character;
- Ensure that the lighting deliverables are executed according to the production plan;
- Keep a balance between visual quality and required performance;
- Maintain an artistic style coherent with the vision established by the Art director;
- Work hand in hand with Level Artists, FX Artists and the Art Director to determine the best approach to solve lighting issues;
- Collaborate with Designers to ensure that lighting contributes to missions, goals and pace of the game;
- Develop new lighting techniques with Programmers.
Skills & Requirements
- 3 years of experience with lighting techniques within the game industry, film or equivalent;
- College or university degree in art, multimedia, 3D or equivalent;
- Advanced level in 3DS Max and Photoshop
- Experience with lighting in a game engine;
- Good knowledge of lighting techniques;
- Good knowledge of materials and shaders;
- Interest in pushing technical limits and learning new tools;
- Ability to manage one's own work with minimal supervision;
- Excellent artistry and attention to detail;
- Knowledge of HDR and how it apply to lighting in video games (asset);
- Passion for video games.