bad management, its your job for stuff like that not to happen, dont put that extra weight on artist because management didn't do your job
It really is the best game of 2018, Thank you.
"We're saddened if any former members of any studio did not find their time here enjoyable or creatively fulfilling and wish them well with finding an environment more suitable to their temperaments and needs…" Or : We're saddened if any former members of our studio are not happy to have been exploited to enrich us. Awesome !!!! Ok, guys… you have lost one customer !
The Senior Lighting Artist will work in a cooperative, international, cross-disciplinary team environment, possessing solid artistic skills.
• Involved in look-development around key surfaces and shaders to ensure lighting delivers against visual reference
• Creating both the exterior and interior lighting within environments and cut scenes.
• Placing and adjustment of light sources within the environment.
• Tweaking of shading materials and textures to improve the perception of the lighting.
• Post processing; color grading, exposure, SSAO, bloom, tone mapping curves etc.
• Contributing to the development and placement of special effects related to lighting and atmosphere, such as light flares, fog, god rays and camera optics.
• Prototyping the use of lighting technology to reach the visual targets defined by the art direction.
• Profile existing and future levels to maximize the quality of lighting on characters and environments while staying within performance budgets.
• Experience in creating and shipping AAA quality titles as a real-time lighting artist.
• Deep understanding of CG lighting technology, both real-time and software rendering.
• Strong sense of lighting theory; color space, exposure, light fixtures, natural light, reflections etc.
• Good understanding of cinematography and dramaturgy; the use of camera technology, scene blocking and lighting to set the mood.
• Good understanding and experience with physical based lighting system
• Being pro-active in the use of lighting as a powerful tool in gameplay clarity. For example; to guide the player forward, highlight objectives and enemies.
• An ability to thoroughly digest the art direction and be a champion for executing it in the game.
• Skilled at balancing visual quality against performance requirements.
• Thorough knowledge of the game development process.
• Great communication skills and an ability to work autonomously with minimal guidance.
• Working knowledge of Maya, and/or other commercial 3D authoring packages.