hello Alexander, I really loved your these draw works. I loved cathedrals too.I started 3ds Max new. And I really really want to meet you, if you wanna to do. By the way, my name is Duacan, from Turkey. also Im working for learning and speaking German. Cause Deutschland is the my first country for living. Whatever, take care yourself, Tschüss. insta: 06optimusprime06
nice blog but here is the thing, what is wrong with overlaping uv's and mirroring them, what are the cons of overlapping them and why is this method better in the case of uv? thanks
Thank you @Fcardoso The volumetric light is available in the latest 2018.3 beta. In the visual environment setting, there is a new option to select Volumetric light fog. The screen I shared is from 2018.2 during that time I was using a script to enable it :)
Insomniac Games is looking for a Senior Lighting Artist to help them set up scene lights and rendering attributes for assets for levels and cinematic sequences in the game engine and tools.
- Lights video game levels, cinematic sequences, characters, weapons and other objects
- Superior understanding of lighting aesthetics and how lighting affects gameplay and guides and how lighting affects physically based materials
- Superior understanding of real-time lighting and frame/ memory optimization
- Works closely with Art Director to help determine lighting style of project
- Works closely with the artists and designers to make sure assets are properly set up for lighting and the correct areas are emphasized for gameplay
- Works closely with the Core department to prototype and test new technology
- Proposes new ideas and methods to improve workflow, performance, and technology in game
- Understanding of node-based shaders and how they relate to lighting
- Creates and maintains skies and atmospheres for various types of environments, post fx, and maintains probes for image-based lighting and reflections
- Sets up scene lights to match color keys and concept art
- Help other departments with atmospherics and lighting setups for their environment or test level needs
- Stays informed about new developments in rendering, particularly with regard to realistic lighting and surfaces
- Troubleshoots large scene files and rendering errors
- Other duties may be assigned
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Should possess an extensive knowledge of lighting and rendering with Mental Ray, Maya software renderers (or the equivalent, Max) and a working knowledge of game engines.
- Have the ability to work on multiple projects at once as a shared resource between projects and to work independently to maintain consistent aesthetic and technical quality in all lighting.