- Lighting tasks on a significant portion of the game environment.
- Must communicate effectively.
- Work closely with Leads and Art direction to achieve art goals.
- Master proprietary lighting system, tools, and systems.
- Must be able to meet milestones and deadlines.
- Troubleshooting lighting, art, and tech issues, work to solve the issues with Leads, AD or engineers.
Qualifications and Skills
- 5-years of experience in video game production with solid understanding of advanced run-time rendering technology, deferred lighting, lightmaps, and baked lighting tech.
- Ability to work with minimal direction and desire to take on responsibilities within a team-based work environment.
- Must have a general knowledge of physical based lighting and rendering.
- Ability to research or track down real-world references when needed.
- Traditional drawing, painting, photography or sculpture skills a plus.
- Excellent Maya skills.
- A highly developed eye for color, composition, and detail.
- Problem solver with the ability to learn new technologies and software on-the-fly.
- Previous PlayStation game development a plus.