The team is seeking an imaginative, skillful, and versatile Senior Material Artist to join their team in Carlsbad, California.
- Work with Art Director and team to establish an iconic look for their world.
- Work hand in hand with the environment art, prop and lighting team to develop physically based materials that integrate into a photo-real world.
- Find innovative solutions and workflows in order to hit key milestones on time.
- Troubleshoot technical and artistic issues and maintain an awareness of level aesthetic during development.
- Communicate effectively with team members, production, and management to ensure that project goals are defined and met.
- Create visually stunning, real-world materials for natural and architectural environments with an excellent sense of surface relationships and structural logic.
- 4+ years of experience creating high-quality materials for environments, and levels for AAA games.
- Ability to demonstrate and execute materials into a photo-real environment.
- Advanced understanding of physically based rendered materials.
- You can receive, give, and apply feedback effectively.
- Highly proficient with Substance Designer and Quixel Mixer.
- 1+ AAA games shipped (FPS, RPG, RTS, etc.) .
- Experience with the Unreal Engine and have spent a considerable amount of time "in-editor."
- You are passionate for gaming.
- You take pride in everything you do.
- You have a contagious positive attitude.