id Software is looking for a Senior Rendering (Graphics) Programmer to join their team and work on legendary id games for PC and next-generation console systems.
- Work with the R&D group to bring new technologies to light.
- Find opportunities in developing technology trends that can keep Zenimax titles and services ahead of the curve.
- Work well with other team members and divisions to realize new technologies.
- Accurately estimate schedules and deliver high-quality work products to that schedule.
- Work on performance, optimization, and other technology features as required.
- 5+ years game industry programming experience
- Able to work towards group macro goals and not just personal lines of inquiry.
- Able to work with group leadership to advocate for new research opportunities worth team inquiry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent demonstrable experience
- At least one, preferably multiple, AAA titles shipped as a credited rendering programmer
- Very strong C++ design and coding experience
- Extensive GPU and Shader experience
- Experience with one or more explicit APIs like Vulkan, DirectX12, or Metal
- Extensive experience with a legacy API like OpenGL or DirectX9-11
- Familiarity with global lighting methods, dynamic lighting, shadow rendering and related concepts
- Excellent 3D math skills
- Solid architecture and software design ability
- Passion for graphics programming and staying on top of current techniques
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to write clear, maintainable, portable code that adheres to a well-documented coding standard
- Must be a self-motivated and energetic team player with a very strong work ethic and cooperative attitude