I love World Creator, especially the vegetation distribution pipeline. You can create some very realistic fields with it. Im going to check out impostors too - ive seen it a few times and wondered what it's about.
Stupid Rental. My Zbrush that I haven't paid for an update in years and is perpetual Trumps that on all counts.
Bluepoint Games is looking for a best-in-class Senior Technical Artist to join their team on a full-time basis.
- Develop powerful and efficient workflows for the Art team
- Create new techniques and procedures to improve game asset quality
- Help improve and refine shader, texture, lighting quality
- Research and help develop new technologies
- Identify and fix pipeline issues
- Analyze and improve art asset inefficiencies to optimize console performance
- Inspire, mentor, and support other Artists
- Act as a liaison between Engineering and the Art departments
- Assist with solving daily production challenges
- A portfolio reflecting high-quality game art, scripted tools, and shaders
- At least 7 years of professional experience in the games industry with at least one shipped title (excluding academic projects)
- Complete understanding of game workflows and pipelines
- Experience working with multiple game engines
- Expert knowledge of Maya
- Maya scripting experience in Python and MEL
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop scripting techniques
- Ability to work onsite at our facility in Austin, TX
- Experience with Allegorithmic Substance Designer
- Shader authoring skills (HLSL, GLSL, CGFX) knowledge