About Roboto Games
Hi! We’re Roboto Games, a minty fresh venture-backed games company. Before this, we were leading games at PopCap, EA, and Space Ape. And this isn’t our first rodeo/game studio. In 2007 we founded ZipZapPlay, a web and Facebook gaming company (we baked lots of cupcakes while making Baking Life), which we sold to PopCap (zombies also eat cupcakes it turns out) before they sold to EA in 2011. Since then we’ve also contributed to several mobile game hits. On average, we have 12 years of experience designing games with over $100m in revenue and over 65m players.
At Roboto, our mission is to make games that are good alone and great together. Our games are real-time multiplayer and cross-platform, so friends can easily play together. Our upcoming title is a bite-size survival/crafting MMO that will also include the option to own web3 digital assets (such as NFTs). We believe in making inclusive hybrid free-to-play and -own games that are fun for years and that will appeal to a broad range of players. Whether it’s on mobile, web, or PC you and your friends can play together anytime and anywhere.
If that sounds like fun, then join us! You should also join us if you like wizards, zombies, and unicorns, but not necessarily in that order.
All that sounds great you say? What do I need to do? Glad you asked!
- Fill a key role building and supporting key technologies and workflows that enable artists to quickly implement visuals for an epic fantasy universe on Mobile and PC platforms!
- Write shaders, and custom scripts as well as create materials in collaboration with other technical staff
- Work closely with all disciplines to take high-level visual direction and gameplay functionality and turn them into asset pipelines and workflows
- Work with outsourcing partners to achieve consistent quality within project constraints
- Optimize content and pipelines for performance, efficiency, and quality
- Develop and document technical processes and tools
- Be able to work autonomously but proactively seek direction
- Timely delivery of tasks based on project schedules and deadlines
- 5+ years experience as a Technical Artist in 3D games, simulators, or VR/AR
- 3+ years of experience dealing with various artist workflows. i.e. Animation, Modeling, Lighting, and Asset Management
- Strong 3D Math fundamentals
- Experience writing and optimizing shaders in HLSL or similar
- Experience shipping titles with pipelines that support multiple delivery platforms (PC, Console, and Mobile)
- At least 1 shipped title in a senior role as a 3D Technical Artist
- Experience communicating with team members including engineers and artists
- Knowledge of 3D modeling and asset creation packages e.g. Maya, ZBrush, Substance Painter, Substance Designer, Blender, Knald, Marmoset, Photoshop, etc
Nice to haves
- Experience managing outsource partnerships
- History of playing a variety of game genres both digital and physical
- Experience working on games as a service/live content
Why work with Roboto Games?
As a member of a small team, your voice will be heard and you will have an immense impact on our games and community
Make games that you can play with your friends. Make games you can play on your phone, on your PC, or on your mom’s Chromebook. You get the idea
Work alongside a diverse group of game industry game veterans with 12+ years of experience
Work from anywhere as long as you have enough overlapping hours with the Pacific time zone (plus or minus 3 hours for this position)
Occasionally travel to Roboto’s HQ in California for work weeks and company offsites (attending remotely will always be supported)
Full-time role with benefits (4 weeks of paid time off, stock options, health, dental, vision, charitable donation matching)
What’s not to like?
You may apply via the 80.lv talent platform or email your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.