This opportunity is for a full-time position, either in Chicago, IL or Orlando, FL. Iron Galaxy employees are all working from home through April 2021 due to COVID-19. This WFH policy extends to anyone that Iron Galaxy hires between now and then. All new-hire onboarding is being done remotely, and any equipment that you might need for projects at Iron Galaxy will be shipped directly to you.
Iron Galaxy Studios is looking for a talented Senior Technical Artist that is passionate about games and can elevate the visuals of our projects through inventive and efficient shaders while helping the rest of the art team deliver the best possible content under the technical restrictions of the game engine. The ideal candidate must be a strong problem-solver and an effective communicator across disciplines, as well as a mentor to other technical artists. This opportunity is for a full-time position, either in Chicago, IL, or Orlando, FL.
- Create shaders and materials following an established style, quality and art vision.
- Work with graphics engineers to ensure content respects the rendering budget.
- Prototype new art assets and build asset generation pipelines and tools.
- Improve the workflow for all art disciplines, in particular lighting and environment art.
- Design and develop (with Python, MEL, etc.) tools to automate processes.
- Integration of art content into the game engine.
- Provide technical support to the Art and Engineering teams.
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- Help foster a team environment of excitement and passion for creating games.
- Communicate and collaborate with other development disciplines.
- Mentor and guide team members in areas of expertise.
What else are we looking for? If you possess many or most of these qualities, you may very well be the one we’re looking for.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Experience mentoring and training other technical artists.
- Highly proficient in C++ and shading language code (HLSL, GLSL) for game engines.
- Expertise in developing shaders / materials, both through code and node-based editors.
- Expertise in UE4, Blueprints, Materials, Rendering and optimization techniques.
- Thorough understanding of debugging and optimization using GPU profilers.
- Programming experience with scripting languages such as Python and MEL.
- Demonstrable knowledge of game rendering and lighting.
- Experience working with industry standard engines and software.
- Solid understanding of the artistic pipeline and workflow.