Who are we hiring?
The Senior Technical Writer works in close collaboration with the MSG Interactive team to create the CDK (“Creative Development Kit”). The MSG Interactive team is tasked with creating the underlying code and processes to support all games and interactive experiences at the MSG Sphere venue, slated to open in 2023. The CDK is a full documentation stack for internal and external readers that will feature a thorough introduction to the venue and its audience, technical specifications for various aspects of the venue, important principles for designers, and a traditional SDK for developers. The role requires independence, curiosity, the ability to learn technical detail quickly and thoroughly, and the ability to organize and structure complex content so that it’s clear, concise, consistent, easy to navigate, always current, and secure. In addition, the writer will act as a bridge and ambassador to other internal teams, whose content might need to be integrated into the CDK.
What will you do?
- Software Design Kits (SDK)
- Gaming Design Kits (GDK)
- Test Plans and Test Scripts
- Integration guides
- API developer guides
- In-platform instructions
- Installation and configuration instructions
- Best Practices
- Engineering specifications
- Atlassian Confluence and Jira
- Windows Operating Systems
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Microsoft Office Products (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio)
What do you need to succeed?
- Expert at writing for both technical and non-technical audiences, including non-native and ESL speakers.
- Familiar with XML-based publishing software such as Paligo.
- Familiar with Game Design software such as Unity and Unreal Engine.
Must have the following testing capabilities:
- Reviewing and analyzing system specifications
- Executing test scripts and reviewing results
- Reporting and documenting technical issues to the development and/or management teams
Why is MSG for me?
With MSG Sphere, we are creating an entirely new medium that will deliver immersive entertainment experiences at an unparalleled scale. Beyond a venue, Sphere is a multi-sensory platform with experiential technology programming directly to your senses. You will see in ways never imagined, hear with every fiber of your being, and experience like never before. To deliver on this promise, we are building the largest immersive venue in the world, MSG Sphere at The Venetian in Las Vegas, with a second Sphere venue planned for London, pending necessary approvals. To create immersive experiences, and content unique to Sphere, we are growing our full-stack creative, experience, design, production, and engineering team across our Burbank studio in Los Angeles and Ventures headquarters in New York.