An absolutely great read, thank you for this. Really lays a foundation on how to go about the learning process.
Hi Matthew and Mr VFX, I’m currently researching this topic of decomposing images into shading and reflectance layers. I would love to learn about what you are trying to use this for to learn more about applications for this technology.
Hi George, I'm currently researching this topic of decomposing images into shading and reflectance layers. Would love to learn about what you are trying to use this for to learn more about applications for this technology.
Based in Guildford, Wargaming UK is looking for an exceptionally skilled Lead 3D Vehicle Artist to lead the creation of a variety of vehicles in the next big free-to-play PC title from Wargaming.
- Translate concept and reference artwork into 3D game assets as required, setting a quality bar for other artists to follow
- Design, construct, document and enforce pipeline procedures to deliver competitive, cutting edge assets.
- Prototype new techniques and approaches.
- Motivate, mentor and inspire the vehicle art team, guiding them through various stages of production with clear direction.
- Create high-poly and low-poly models and accompanying texture sets that use advanced shaders
- Accountable for vehicle art team deliverables, ensuring that they meet the defined objectives, and scheduled requirements.
- 6+ years production art experience in the gaming industry with at least 1 year as an Art Lead
- At least 2 published games
- Proven ability to create exceptional high-poly and low-poly models and textures
- A great eye for detail, natural flair & a strong understanding of composition & colour theory
- Excellent verbal and written skills, and be able to both take critique and give feedback internally and externally in a professional manner
- Strong understanding of PBR shader development and lighting
- Solid knowledge of 3ds Max/Maya, Photoshop, Zbrush, and other 2D/3D applications
- Diligence around both individual and team tasks, schedule and budgets.
- Solid organization skills with adherence to optimization and asset management.
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- BA in art or related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Substance Designer and Painter
- Unreal 4 development experience
- Traditional art skills (drawing, painting, sculpting, photography)
- Concept skills – Ability to visualize and concept environments and props
- Samples of your work displaying clean High Poly to Low Poly bakes, strong understanding of material variation & photo-realistic texturing