We're looking to expand our Art team here at Hypixel Studios which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to veterans with 15+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building player-focused, community-powered games.
The key qualities we look for in applicants are that they are demonstrably passionate about their hobbies, have the drive and commitment to deliver results with minimal supervision, have international-level professional competency in their skill sets, and can demonstrate involvement with other interesting projects throughout their lives.
We are looking for a senior VFX artist, capable of mentoring a small team of artists, with the intent to improve our skill range, and the quality of our visual special effects.
Our studio intends to empower our community by releasing a wide range of creative tools at same time as its game, and we are looking for passionate professionals, able to help us improve our in-game engine and editor accessibility, pushing further the limits of creativity.
Who you are:
- You feel able to adapt to an existing Art Direction and work among talented artists
- You are an excellent communicator: you love providing feedback, sharing knowledge and mentoring other team members.
- You are driven by discovering solutions to unique problems and help driving the development of unique tools and pipelines.
- You want to proactively seek out creative ways to improve all aspects of the game and performance.
Some of your role:
- Collaborate with art team and help making awesome visuals
- Create VFX assets, from the concept stage to its integration ingame
- Help mentoring other team members and help improving our tools
- Work on particle systems and visual effects, using our inhouse engine
- 7+ years as VFX artist/technical artist or equivalent experience on published titles.
- Proven record of overseeing the work of other team members and mentoring and developing junior staff.
- Able to communicate with artists, technical team members and studio leadership.
- An outstanding portfolio demonstrating your particle and VFX work in a broad range of art styles in both 2D and 3D mediums.
- A strong understanding of technical considerations for VFX.
- Good knowledge of industry standard software (Blender/Max/Maya etc, Houdini, Substance Designer etc.), as well as experience working with real-time particle and VFX editors with a high capacity to learn new tools.
- A good understanding of shader and texture creation.
- Experience working with engineering to further develop proprietary tools.
- Traditional art skills - Illustration, Sculpture, Painting and Anatomy.
- Experience in 3D Modeling, Sculpting, Texturing, Animation.
- Knowledge in Technical Art and 3D rendering principles.
We can offer:
- A chance to work on a new game project with an extremely motivated team.
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally.
- A stable and secure work environment.
- The ability to work remotely.