Do you want to work with an award-winning team creating content for one of the most iconic and recognized brands in the games industry? Millions of fans around the world follow PAYDAY with passion, and the iconic masks and other art content continue to be a core part of this success.
As a Senior VFX Artist, you will be responsible for the creation and development as well as planning and priority of the in-game VFX assets. You relish the challenge of working within our technology to create cutting-edge art and are as technically driven as you are aesthetically great. The role requires you to be able to multi-task and possess good communication skills both spoken and written.
- Creating and implementing Visual effects and pushing them beyond the industry standards
- Being able to follow references, concepts, and art direction while also having the initiative to take the work further independently
- Drive VFX development and communicate with peers, managers, and vendors
- Work closely with the team to ensure that quality is consistent and cohesive
You have at least 4 years of experience working as a VFX Artist within the games industry. You understand real-time graphics and have worked on at least one released title. You have a proven and strong artistic skill set, a good sense of scale and proportions, materials, colors, and light. You are a hands-on person with good communication skills. You are fluent in English both verbally and in writing.
To be successful in this position you are/ have:
- Working knowledge of Unreal, its graphic pipeline, workflows, and best practices.
- Experience in creating effects in Niagara.
- Routine experience in creating, implementing, and optimizing VFX for games
- Experience of Houdini and/or FumeFX in Maya/3DSMAX
- Used to model simple shapes for FX use in Maya/3DSMAX
- Knowledge of Photoshop for texture editing and creation
- Experience and understanding of PBR is a plus
- Ability to work in a team communicate well and being proactive
- Great with time estimations, assessments, and prioritizing
- Advanced knowledge in shaders, such as vector math and basic Graphics rendering.
- Experienced in creating your own destruction simulations / Cloth simulations / Liquid simulations / Pyro simulations.
Still reading? Good...because here’s the good part of this job ad: We offer you a position at a company where we value teamwork, accountability and creativity. While we evolve we want you to grow with us and to develop as a professional. We also believe in having fun. We have game consoles and arrange after work activities along with annual parties and events.
What more do we offer?
- Competitive salaries with yearly reviews
- Yearly wellness benefit
- Referral bonuses
- 6 weeks paid vacation per year
- Pension on top of salary, +50% above collective agreement standard
- 90% of your salary will be covered while on Parental leave for up to 6 months
- Relocation support if you move from abroad
- Ideal office location in central Stockholm - also remote flexible (work from home)
Sounds good? Then we can’t wait to see your CV and portfolio and look forward to meeting you. We recommend that you apply as soon as possible as selection and interviews are held continuously. Send your application with a resumé, portfolio and cover letter in English. All applications must include a portfolio and resumé to be considered.
At Starbreeze we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome you as who you are, no matter where you are from or what games you play.