Weekly NewsletterThank you for subscription. You'll be getting weekly digest every Friday.
I bought it, it's really nice and intuitive:) Now i'm waiting for next build with new features:)
I love it!
Hi. Can you tell how the glass material was made? I found it very interesting.Congratz
Shading Technical Artist at Naughty Dog
8 July, 2018
Naughty Dog is seeking an experienced Shading Technical Artist to join the studio.
Salary: not mentioned
Company: Naughty Dog
Location: United States, Santa Monica
Position type: Full-time
Remote job: no
Relocation Assistance: yes
- Support the art team with requests for shader changes (more advanced controls, better blend methods, etc)
- Create “Shader Packages”, which give artists easy-to-control presets for advanced surface types (like “dirty glass”)
- Implement (or improve) shading models for special features like water, fabric, fur, snow, or skin
- Develop functions for procedural vertex animation, like wind or other ambient motion
- Create tools to improve the texture artist team’s efficiency, and support third-party tools (like Substance Designer)
- Work with the engineering team to develop features, both for the game engine and for tools/asset pipelines
- Help ensure feature interfaces are user-friendly
- Pioneer new asset creation techniques
- Create technical prototypes and mock-ups that the art team can use as examples
- Help the team develop workflows and standards for efficient content generation
- Help drive framerate and memory optimization of the game
- Intermediate programming experience with shading languages (HLSL/CG/Etc.)
- Experience in other programming/scripting languages is a plus
- A strong artistic eye is a necessity!
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- High-level familiarity with every aspect of game development, and how different disciplines collaborate
- Good oral and written skills