Savvy Games Studios (SGS) mission is to create world-leading game studios in Saudi Arabia, creating high-quality games for international audiences. Also to help Saudi’s passionate gaming sector to develop homegrown IP and, more broadly, make KSA a global hub for gaming.
As part of the SGS team, you will work alongside the best global gaming talents who have relocated to Riyadh to be part of the ambitious group, and innovative, passionate, and hardworking Saudis.
Savvy Games Studios is looking for a Senior 3D artist who understands and has expertise in the 3D pipelines for Characters and Environments. The artist will work closely with the Art Director, Lead Artist, and Production team. He or she would produce 3D models for characters, environments, and props according to style guides optimized for mobile devices. Along with creating great quality work, they will be supporting in mentoring a team of artists and occasionally supervising the work done by external teams.
- Work on high-quality 3D art assets like 3D characters, props, and environments.
- Candidates must be able to create both high- and low-poly art assets using various art pipelines.
- Candidates should be able to implement the 3D process and pipeline for the game, work on various shader and texturing techniques, and work with the art director and lead artist to develop the game's vision.
- Able to make insightful suggestions for 3D pipeline and process improvements.
- Candidates must be able to integrate art assets into Unity or another gaming engine. Able to comprehend and fix bugs related to modeling and texturing.
- Candidates should be able to do simple rig for props and other small objects.
- Decent experience with PBR render, the creation of texture atlases, and mesh and texture animations. Both theoretical and understanding of how things are made.
- Take responsibility for the work that has been done and ensure it follows the project's direction and the game's style guide.
- Should be able to build 3D Assets libraries that increase productivity.
- Capable of handling multiple projects with various artistic styles while working under pressure.
- Ability to write documentation is required.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions for game ideas.
- Should be able to manage vendor management tasks such as providing feedback and following up.
- Take on responsibilities and initiatives as a senior team member, such as mentoring juniors when necessary.
Qualifications and Key Skills:
- Expert in 3D Software like Maya, Max, Zbrush, Blender, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of 3D Assets, tools, and pipeline creation.
- Minimum 8-10 years experience as a Sr. 3D Artist (experience in Character, Environment, and Props creation) 3D Artist, or equivalent, must have shipped over 3-5 games, including AAA titles on mobile or console.
- Bachelor's degree or College diploma, such as BFA or equivalent, is preferred.
- He/She should possess strong proactive problem-solving and intuitive skills in 3D Tools creations.
- Deep knowledge of the various game genres across all platforms.
- The applicant should be an expert in Unity and other gaming engines.
- Experience in working with a range of devices from mobile to console.
- The applicant with good leadership skills, the capacity to work in a team, and the ability to delegate and oversee the work as necessary will be given preference.
- Outstanding time and priority management skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to write clear documentation,
- Passionate gamer with an eye for details.
- Attention to detail from both technical and artistic perspectives.
- Strong proactive, problem-solving, and intuitive development skills.
- Willing to accept and provide direction, work well under pressure, and handle multiple tasks.
- Fast and willing learner.
Relocation assistance is offered