Funcom is looking for an enthusiastic, talented and versatile Senior Environment Artist to join its development team in Raleigh.
- Creating and building 3D environments using in house tools and the Unreal 4 Engine.
- Creating small props for use in cinematics and gameplay.
- Prop creation support for Environment Artists.
- Documenting, researching, and training while improving the art pipeline.
- Environment lighting.
- Texture creation.
- High poly to Low poly process.
- Mentoring and Training of Associate and Mid-Level Environment Artists.
- Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products.
Skills & Requirements
- 6+ years of Environment Art Design or 3D Art; preferable within the video game development industry.
- Passion for video games and FPS games.
- Solid knowledge of 3DS Max and Zbrush.
- Experience using Perforce or equivalent VCS.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Outstanding self-motivation and initiative.
- Great employee benefits (premium free Insurance package, 25 vacation days/8 sick days, etc)
- 401K w/match
- Possibility of advancement
- Dynamic and challenging work environment
- Training opportunities
- Team oriented culture
- Social events and gatherings