Santa Monica Studio is seeking an experienced Sr. Tools Programmer.
- Research, define, extend, and maintain production pipelines, processes, and workflows
- Interface with stakeholders. Liaise between team members; drive collaborative projects
- Identify problems; solve them: implement robust, high-quality solutions
- Profile and optimize software systems to remove bottlenecks and improve performance
- Refine content creation workflows
- Mentor and guide team members in areas of expertise; instill best practices
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Graphic Art or a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum five years of professional programming experience
- Expertise in C/C++ required, Python / PySide and MEL highly desirable
- Solid understanding of 3D math
- Professional experience demonstrating proficiency in algorithm design, understanding of complexity, and software architecture and design
- Extensive knowledge of 3D authoring packages (e.g. Maya or 3DS Max) and CG
- Ability to write clean, maintainable and extensible code with attention to reusability
- Experience in coding user-facing tools; knowledge of good UI design principles
- Enthusiasm and initiative
- Excellent spoken and written communication
- Good collaborator within a large, diverse team
You’re into games – you love making them, you love collaborating to make them. You spend your time figuring out how to best get outstanding content into games by designing and building efficient tools and pipelines.
And you are talented and motivated, with tons of initiative. You get things done. Sound interesting?