On being a Team Lead Artist (Biomes) at Ubisoft Toronto.
The Team Lead Artist (Biomes) will work together with the Production Manager in overseeing production and content creation for Biome Assets on the project. Their responsibilities will include providing supporting direction for work quality, establishing processes and best practices, work with the Production Manager to set deadlines, following up on and validating the team’s work to ensure content delivered is to quality and meets the technical requirements on the project, as well as coaching team members and supporting their professional development.
Type of Position: Permanent, full-time; Toronto, Ontario; Hybrid, flexible work environment
The daily life of a Team Lead Artist at Ubisoft Toronto
- Create benchmark quality assets to exemplify visual and technical quality for the other members of the art team
- Responsible for reviewing, critiquing and, when necessary, correcting work from the art team
- Responsible to collaborate with the technical art team to ensure Biome content meets all technical requirements.
- Work with the other leads and directors, whether from the art department or other, to ensure clear communication and collaboration between teams
- Create, prioritize, assign, and regularly follow up on tasks and the advancement of the team’s work with regards to deliverables
- Represent the team
- Organize and lead team meetings
- Know the game’s story and gameplay (game design documents) and understand the technical/artistic constraints to be able to lead/coach the team
- Draft regular reports for the Production Manager on the advancement of the team’s work and recommend corrective measures whenever necessary to meet project objectives
- Anticipate and recognize potential conflicts and recommend solutions to the Production manager for the team
- Be a mentor in terms of technical/artistic aspects for team members (where necessary)
- Take part in performance assessments in collaboration with the Production Manager
- Coordinate bug correction as it pertains to the team’s work
- Ensure that new employees integrate the team
- Help recruit new team members
- Carry out working unit-related tasks (depending on the size of the team they must supervise)
- Conduct regular 1:1 meetings with each team member
- Carry out all other related tasks
What You'll Bring
- College diploma in Art
- Certification in project management or equivalent (an asset)
- 5+ years’ experience in video game art production or other relevant experience
- Participation in at least one complete game production or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of visual story telling
- Familiarity with both Lighting an VFX pipelines for cinematics
- Experience in previsualization for Cinematics
- Ability to Assemble, Lead, and work within teams
- Effective organizational skills (time management, planning, communication)
- Exhibit resourcefulness, innovation, and initiative in their role
- Database knowledge an asset (JIRA, Perforce, etc.)
- Knowledge of the technical constraints of real time, 3D engines and level editors
- Bilingualism would be a benefit
- Knowledge of the tools used by team members
- Knowledge of the other game production working units an asset
- Knowledge of the MS Office suite an asset.
We know that skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
Follow this link to apply: https://smrtr.io/cRHZF