Are you an experienced character rigger and animator with experience using Maya in the games or film industry?
- Designing, developing, and implementing animation workflows and systems that integrate into Unreal Engine 4 and the game.
- Designing, developing and implementing animation tools and pipelines that facilitate animators' work in Maya and Motion Builder character animation systems, including facial setups and performance capture workflows.
- Providing technical support for animators, offering solutions to maximize efficiency and diagnosing issues, and fixing them in a timely and intelligent manner.
- Creating high-quality animation rigs and character skinning for body and facial.
- Coordinating with the Animation Director and Lead Animator and ensuring tools and pipelines are ready for production. Reporting risks in a timely manner and proactively fixing issues as they come along.
- Collaborating with other game departments and contributing to the overall development of the project and raising any other issues that may need to be addressed.
- Completing all tasks in a timely manner and to a consistently high standard.
- Demonstrating a desire to learn and grow professionally
- Extensive experience developing pipelines and toolsets in Python for Maya.
- Experience developing and maintaining animations in Unreal Engine 4 or other game engines.
- Solid understanding of Character deformation techniques and dynamics.
- Solid understanding of facial animation methodologies.
- Good communication skills and a great team-player attitude.
Not Essential, but Great to Have:
- Maya API and C++ knowledge.
- Experience in PySide / PyQT.
- Working knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 and the according animation system and toolset.
- Production experience developing a AAA quality game.
- Understanding of facial animation methodologies.
- Experience using Motion Capture technology, retargeting and processing data.
- Experience using Facial Capture technology and Facial Analysis software.