As a Technical Animator you will support the animation production pipeline and improve workflows.
- Author and maintain various animation tools
- Look for opportunities to improve our animation pipeline and provide solutions for technical animation problems
- Establish workflow processes to guarantee the success of the Animation Department
- Create and support animation rigs for Motionbuilder and/or Maya
- Collaborate with the character artists to help create characters that meet technical and animation requirements
- Help problem-solve in-game animation implementation issues.
- Develop new techniques and processes to solve animation production challenges
- Using various scripting languages (e.g. Python), you will create and maintain animation related tools
- Research latest applicable technologies and 3rd party software packages
- Be involved with the Motion Capture pipeline and contribute to its efficiency
- 4+ years of experience in game industry
- 2+ years of experience as a Technical Animator
- Expert knowledge of Motion Builder, Maya
- Broad knowledge of overall game technology.
- Strong Scripting experience (e.g. Python, etc.)
- Strong understanding of both figure and facial anatomy
- Experience with character rigging
- Experience with Motion Capture workflows and pipelines.
- Experience with setting up production pipelines while being able to follow guidelines
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills