Weekly NewsletterThank you for subscription. You'll be getting weekly digest every Friday.
Very impressive article Jake! You are very talented.
nice article! i love seeing the breakdowns.
Technical Animator at Wargaming
28 January, 2018
Wargaming Chicago-Baltimore is a growing studio with more than 150 employees.
Salary: not mentioned
Location: United States, Chicago
Position type: Full-time
Remote job: no
Relocation Assistance: no
- Use content authoring and game engine tools to integrate character motions and procedural effects to create responsive, compelling, and attractive player- and AI-controlled character movement in a new title
- Develop and maintain animation processes, rigs, pipelines, and animation systems
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills, interdepartmental fluency.
- Experience using in-game animation systems, with a thorough understanding of blend trees, IK, state machines, tagging, and scripting.
- Experience with planning and implementing real-time animation systems, walk cycles, strafing, aiming, environmental interactions, etc.
- Experience with 3DS Max, Maya, Motion Builder.
- Experience with motion capture pipelines.
- Proficiency with dynamic IK, physics (Havok) and rigging / animation for use with those systems.
- Familiar with version control software.
- Mel, Python, Lua experience.
- Familiar with Modern Console animation systems.
- Basic modeling and realistic animation skills.
- Passion for video games and game development.