Firaxis Games is searching for an experienced Technical Animator to join our Technical Animation and Rigging Team. The ideal candidate is organized and self-motivated. They value teamwork and collaboration and enjoy creating tools that make other people’s jobs more successful. You will be joining a team of technical animators that serve a variety of projects and helping develop new tech to raise production quality and increase efficiency.
- Working with the animation teams to define, create, and maintain animation pipelines and rigs.
- Design and support complex character, facial, weapon, and specialized rigs in Maya.
- Own the skinning process for multiple projects including characters, garments, weapons, vehicles, etc.
- Create custom tools and scripts to increase the productivity and efficiency of the animation teams.
- Support and improve the integration of animation assets into your game engines.
Skills & Requirements
- 5+ years of industry experience as a tech animator/animator.
- Extensive experience with and knowledge of Maya.
- Thorough understanding of human anatomy.
- Animation experience a plus.
- Unreal Engine experience a plus.
- Physics Simulation (cloth, hair, etc) experience a plus.
Founded in 1996, Firaxis Games is a world renowned game development studio with an unwavering mission to “build games that stand the test of time”. The name Firaxis is a fusion of “fiery” and “axis”, communicating the company’s dynamic process of game development resulting in the creation of groundbreaking titles that deliver unparalleled gameplay and endless fun to millions of gamers around the globe. Under the creative direction of industry legend Sid Meier, Firaxis has released dozens of hit games on multiple platforms and is recognized as an industry leader in game development.