About the role
We are looking for a Senior Technical Artist to drive forward the accuracy and performance of our autonomous vehicle simulation tools. At Applied, you will be responsible for a lot of the technical development inside Unreal and/or the pipelines associated with it. This position will join an existing team of talented engineers and technical artists with backgrounds in games, Visual FX, autonomous systems, and robotics.
At Applied, you will:
- Establish content pipelines and standards for others to follow
- Architect complex logic inside real-time engine
- Work closely with simulation engineers to ensure that our generated models provide sufficient fidelity for simulation
We're looking for someone who has:
- Has 5+ years of experience creating environments that were used in shipped products
- Is an expert user of at least one 3D DCC tool (e.g. Maya/Houdini)
- Has strong experience with Unreal Engine or equivalent
- Has a solid understanding of Python and game pipelines
- Has a strong grasp of shaders, materials, real-time game engine logic, and performance optimization
Nice to have:
- Prior experience in creating virtual worlds for AV simulation
- Experience with building procedural animation systems
- Expertise in photogrammetry and similar approaches to recreate environments
- Experience with other real-time engines (e.g. Frostbite, Unity)
- C++, HLSL/GLSL experience
Autonomy is one of the leading technological advances of this century that will come to impact our lives. The work you’ll do at Applied will meaningfully accelerate the efforts of the top autonomy teams in the world. At Applied, you will have a unique perspective on the development of cutting-edge technology while working with major players across the industry and the globe.
Applied Intuition provides software solutions to safely develop, test, and deploy autonomous vehicles at scale. The company’s suite of simulation, validation, and drive log management software enables development teams to create thousands of scenarios in minutes, run simulations at scale, and verify and validate algorithms for production deployment. Headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Los Angeles, Detroit, Washington, D.C., Munich, Stockholm, Seoul, and Tokyo, Applied consists of software, robotics, and automotive experts with experiences from top global companies. Leading autonomy programs and 17 of the top 20 global OEMs use Applied’s solutions to bring autonomy to market faster.
The salary range for this position is $65,000 USD to $400,000 USD annually. This salary range is an estimate, and the actual salary may vary based on the Company's compensation practices.