What is Moment?
Moment, formerly known as Moment House, is an immersive community platform expanding with an unannounced product called Worlds. Since its inception in 2019, we’ve helped artists and creators design, deploy, and monetize social experiences where their global communities gather. Live ticketed Moments with artists and creators from Justin Bieber, Halsey, and Anderson Paak to Andrew Schulz, KSI, Morbid: A True Crime Podcast, Tame Impala, Tiny Meat Gang, Kaytranada, Whitney Cummings, and Kygo have connected music, art, podcast, and comedy communities of millions across 168 countries. As a conduit for the community, we're expanding our immersive experiences platform with Worlds, a utility-forward product to enable artists and creators to build stronger bonds with their communities in real-time.
Moment is looking for an experienced, agile, and passionate Technical Artist to help build our new product Worlds, immersive environments for creators and their communities. As a Technical Artist, you’ll play a critical role in developing innovative art tools and user-friendly workflow solutions to empower artists to develop epic visual content for the top creators in the world. From beautiful shaders to complex performance optimizations, you enjoy solving hard problems. We’re looking for a self-sufficient teammate who enjoys taking ownership of critical tech art tasks, acting as a bridge between the 3D and engineering teams, and proactively and independently solving challenges. You’ll push tech art development forward for an always-evolving product and be a trusted gatekeeper for performance, efficiency, and quality across the platform.
If you feel you could be a great fit for this opportunity, we’d love to give you a deep dive and demo on Worlds. You've found the perfect home if you love culture, creativity, and beautiful 3D environments.
- Experience with writing and/or debugging shaders
- Experience creating environment VFX
- In-depth knowledge of memory and performance impact from a 3D asset perspective
- Experience using Maya with multiple content development experiences (can be modeling, rigging, texturing, lighting, animation, shader, or VFX)
- Excellent understanding of PBR systems and techniques
- In-depth understanding of game engines, pipelines, and processes
- Familiarity with 3js and WebGL-based engines
- Rock solid communication skills with a flexible approach to solving problems alongside a dedicated and passionate team
- Minimum 5 years experience in the games development industry working in a tech art position
- Proven ability to thrive in challenging and ambiguous environments
- Experience working across browser and mobile platforms
Nice to haves
- Experience learning and working with proprietary engines
- A hunger to innovate and create completely new experiences
- Experience rigging assets
- A love of building experiences and products from the early stages
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible work arrangements
- Excellent medical benefits (100% of employee premiums covered and generous dependent coverage)
- 401k administration
- Equity for employees