We're using Unity (Quarter Circle Games). I'm happy to give an interview and some of my lighting/PP techniques. You can view out game here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/907500/The_Peterson_Case/
This is a fan project, like the Lord Inquisitor was. GW has absolutely nothing to do with it!
Naughty Dog is seeking an experienced Technical Artist to join their studio.
- Create tools to improve the art team’s efficiency (this includes Maya scripts, but also standalone scripts and software)
- Work with the engineering team to develop features, both for the game engine and for tools/asset pipelines
- Help ensure feature interfaces are user-friendly
- Develop visual features of the game, whether that’s writing shader code, pioneering new asset creation techniques, or creating technical prototypes and mockups
- Help the team develop workflows and standards for efficient content generation
- Support the content team in debugging issues with the game, tools, etc.
- Help drive framerate and memory optimization of the game
- Work within all the art departments (environment, characters, VFX, animation, etc.) to ensure all dependencies are met
- Create art assets that require high technical skill or specialist knowledge
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed, or if you can show us a better way to do things!
- Intermediate programming experience with scripting languages (MEL/Python/etc.) and shading languages
- Experience in C++ or related languages is a plus
- Strong artistic background and content development skills (can be modeling, texturing, lighting, or any other area where you have experience, but a strong artistic eye is a necessity!)
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- High-level familiarity with every aspect of game development, and how different disciplines collaborate
- Good oral and written skills
- 3+ years of production experience *Maya Preferred*
- As part of the Naughty Dog application process, candidates should expect to be given a technical interview and may be asked to complete an art test.