The role holder will be creating production quality character control and deformation rigs in Maya using a combination of scripted and bespoke elements, through to implementation in- engine including appropriate runtime procedural systems.
- Ownership of technical implementation and support of character from Maya through to engine
- Design and build complex character rigs with high-quality deformation and powerful and efficient control schemes.
- Implement character asset in Unreal Engine 4, utilising procedural elements if appropriate.
- Ensure rigs meet visual, animation, design and target platform requirements. Supporting other departments as required to ensure best overall outcome.
- Have a strong insight into new/emerging technologies. Using this knowledge, be able to work with team members to R&D new deformation solutions and supporting production-ready pipelines.
- Able to provide accurate time estimates for task completion, demonstrate an understanding of cross-discipline dependencies and how their work impacts upon them.
- Take a high degree of responsibility for their own personal development, effectively utilising this for the benefit of themselves and the wider studio.
- Passion and ability to work as a positive, collaborative, enthusiastic, ambitious and contributing team member with a real desire to be part of the team. The continued harmony of teamwork is paramount at Ninja Theory.
Skills & Requirements
- Demonstrable experience creating high-quality character rigs
- A good eye for anatomical detail
- Understanding the processes and requirements of other departments
- Relevant software experience – Maya (UE4 is desirable, but not essential)
- An understanding of new and emerging technologies and how they may be utilised
- An ability to quickly understand and offer solutions to complex problems.
- Ability to build prototype and production tools in Python (alternatively C++)
- Ability to work under own initiative, keeping Leads and Production informed of progress, changes and other critical issues
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with all disciplines throughout the studio
- Strong time management and organization skills