Weekly NewsletterThank you for subscription. You'll be getting weekly digest every Friday.
Technical Artist at Ninja Theory
21 August, 2018
The role holder will be creating production quality character control and deformation rigs in Maya using a combination of scripted and bespoke elements, through to implementation in- engine including appropriate runtime procedural systems.
Salary: not mentioned
Company: Ninja Theory
Location: UK, Cambridge
Position type: Full-time
Remote job: no
Relocation Assistance: yes
- Ownership of technical implementation and support of character from Maya through to engine
- Design and build complex character rigs with high-quality deformation and powerful and efficient control schemes.
- Implement character asset in Unreal Engine 4, utilising procedural elements if appropriate.
- Ensure rigs meet visual, animation, design and target platform requirements. Supporting other departments as required to ensure best overall outcome.
- Have a strong insight into new/emerging technologies. Using this knowledge, be able to work with team members to R&D new deformation solutions and supporting production-ready pipelines.
- Able to provide accurate time estimates for task completion, demonstrate an understanding of cross-discipline dependencies and how their work impacts upon them.
- Take a high degree of responsibility for their own personal development, effectively utilising this for the benefit of themselves and the wider studio.
- Passion and ability to work as a positive, collaborative, enthusiastic, ambitious and contributing team member with a real desire to be part of the team. The continued harmony of teamwork is paramount at Ninja Theory.
- Demonstrable experience creating high-quality character rigs
- A good eye for anatomical detail
- Understanding the processes and requirements of other departments
- Relevant software experience – Maya (UE4 is desirable, but not essential)
- An understanding of new and emerging technologies and how they may be utilised
- An ability to quickly understand and offer solutions to complex problems.
- Ability to build prototype and production tools in Python (alternatively C++)
- Ability to work under own initiative, keeping Leads and Production informed of progress, changes and other critical issues
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with all disciplines throughout the studio
- Strong time management and organization skills