The Technical Artist acts as a bridge between the artists and programmers, ensuring the art content and features are easily integrated into the game while respecting the artistic vision and technical constraints of the project.
- Implement optimizations and monitor the performance of the game;
- Identify and Implement art-pipeline optimizations and automatizing;
- Create technical benchmarks to be used in production;
- Implement technical art features with the help of the programming team;
- Offer technical support to the art team in day-by-day production issues;
- Create and maintain technical documentation;
- Share with the other artists best-practices and new tools.
- Minimum 1-year experience in a digital art content creation pipeline, ideally in the video game industry;
- The number and variety of tech-art areas of interest in your past activity is also important.
Skills and knowledge:
- Very good problem-solving skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical parties;
- Training and tutoring skills are a plus;
- Experience in a full digital art content creation pipeline (high and low-poly modeling, unwrapping, baking, texturing, level art);
- Experience with game editors and engines is considered a plus;
- Good artistic skills (proportion, color, composition);
- Ability to create technical documentation;