Thanks for sharing and detailed production breakdown
i thought there wouldnt be anything better than akeytsu for creating easy animations. im happy if i am proven wrong.
Keith, I just wanted to stop by and say: Thank you.
Technical Artist (Houdini) needed at Ubisoft
- Create Houdini digital assets for use in game with Houdini Engine (procedural objects, terrain processing & space population (rocks and vegetation))
- Iterate with the various teams to :
- create tools linking the game engine to Houdini processes
- Empower the level designers by freeing them from redundant tasks
- Allow the artists to express their creativity by providing them with comprehensive tools
- Maintain the processes and pipeline by ensuring that all new addition is compliant with the existing systems.
- Be able to gather in a same rule 1/ the gameplay (playability/variety), 2/ the technical constraints (memory/perf) and 3/ the artistic requirements
- Troubleshoot problems and find appropriate solutions
- Assist the team in learning new technologies and processes
- Between the Houdini Artists, a common trunk of knowledge is shared, but each one is also able to bring his own knowledge in the project.
- Well advanced Houdini knowledge
- Familiar with Python and ideally VEX (or ICE)
- Strong understanding of rendering budgets and other technical constraints related to performance in real-time engines
- Strong understanding of the requirements for a global pipeline, the ability to enforce strong processes and to setup new ones.
- Experience collaborating with graphic programmers and mentoring artists
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills / like team work
- Good knowledge and understanding of the video game development processes and techniques
- Overall artistic knowledge (composition, colour, motion, etc.) is a plus
- Excellent oral and written English
- Self-motivated and agile
- Valid passport and the ability to travel abroad
Under the responsibility of the Procedural Team Lead, the Houdini Technical Artist works with the Procedural Team Lead, and the other Leads to define and create, support and maintain the procedural content generation pipeline and tools. A key aspect of this role is not only to understand quickly the existing processes and to be able to update/optimize it but is also about being able to understand the level designers and level artists’ needs in order to provide custom tailored tools.