We are looking for a Technical Artist (generalist) to join our Art team working on Virtex Stadium.
This role covers a wide variety of technical tasks related to Art (Character, Exterior, Interior, Props, Weapons, Terrain, Vehicle and Vegetation) as well as overseeing tool creation and maintenance.
Working closely with our team across shaders, animation, modelling, engineers and designers, we'd like to uncover new ways to improve workflow, support asset creation and implementation, and ensure functionality, consistency, and quality. It's also important to monitor that our pipeline is adapting correctly to the creative needs of the Virtex Stadium platform, while also helping inform our creative direction from an art content production perspective.
This is a really cool opportunity to work across the entire Virtex Stadium platform to build memorable events and moments, and develop features that challenge the status quo of live events.
Our studio is growing and so we'd love it if you thrive in an ambiguous environment where goals and constraints are mostly team driven and where change, big or small, is a critical part of the process.
- Set-up assets in Unreal Engine (meshes, animation blueprints, shaders).
- Provide technical support to art and animation in both Blender and Unreal Engine.
- Maintain a sustainable approach for memory/performance.
- Prototype new art assets and build asset generation pipelines.
- Proactively give and seek feedback, direct next steps, and communicate clear goals and outcomes to your team.
If you don't match all of these requirements but feel like you have something else to offer in this role, we would still love to hear from you.
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Technical Artist in game development.
- Expert knowledge in using the Unreal Engine and Blueprints.
- Ability to develop advanced custom shaders in Unreal and familiar with PBR standard.
- Experienced in optimising and profiling.
- Expert knowledge in Blender.
- Diagnose and improve real-time 3D graphics.
- Comfortable iterating on ideas using rapid prototyping techniques.
- Excellent communication and collaborative problem solving skills.
Additional Skills (pluses):
- Passion for Esports, VR or live events.
- Experience creating add-ons in Blender and Unreal to assist with art asset pipeline.
- Knowledge of procedural generation software (e.g. Houdini).
- Experienced working with animation blueprints, rigging, control rigs and animation retargeting
- Experience creating a range of complex custom shaders using unreal material editor
- Experience creating audio-reactive content.
- Familiar with Unreal Engine Virtual Production tools and pipeline.
- Experience with Version Control such as Perforce, PlasticSCM, etc.