Who are we hiring? Madison Square Garden Interactive is looking for an accomplished Technical Artist who is eager to join us in our drive to push visual quality to the next level with skills developing tools and creative assets for a variety of real-time technologies. This role requires in-depth technical knowledge and strong aesthetic inclination. The ideal candidate will have a comprehensive understanding of both real-time and standard production art pipelines. The Tech Artist has experience working on AAA titles, has a passion for gaming, and has the ability to create immersive and story-driven work.
What will you do?
- Brainstorm, R&D, and help implement multiple project pipelines and toolsets
- Diagnose problems related to asset and level creation and support the art and design teams
- Lighting systems
- Art assets
- Visual scripting
- Evaluate and improve game textures for PBR correctness
- Build and maintain shaders
- Support in content creation
- Document and communicate our real-time platform requirements with relevant hardware and software vendors
- Stay on top of the latest industry developments, sharing key findings with the team at regular intervals
What do you need to succeed?
- 4+ years of professional experience as a technical artist on at least one AAA title
- Solid experience with high-quality visuals, following memory and performance targets
- Experience profiling performance and memory within game engines
- Solid knowledge of current and next-gen art techniques, and fundamental art principles
- Solid experience with physically based rendering and Substance Suite
- Extensive game engine experience (Unity, Unreal, Frostbite)
- Self-motivated, structured, proactive, and detailed oriented
- Relentless drive to find solutions
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly convey technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- A passion for games
Technical Skills and Experience:
- Advanced experience with real-time environments, game-engines, associated languages and workflows
- Unreal Engine
- Shading (GLSL and/or HLSL)
- Source control using Git and Perforce
Nice to have:
- Knowledge and experience with common scripting languages like Python and C#
- Experience with procedural content creation software like Houdini
- Character rigging
The Company requires that all individuals, subject to certain limited exceptions, be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations regarding this requirement.
Why is MSG for me?
With MSG Sphere, we are creating an entirely new medium that will deliver immersive entertainment experiences at an unparalleled scale. Beyond a venue, Sphere is a multi-sensory platform with experiential technology programming directly to your senses. You will see in ways never imagined, hear with every fiber of your being, and experience like never before. To deliver on this promise, we are building the largest immersive venue in the world, MSG Sphere at The Venetian in Las Vegas, with a second Sphere venue planned for London, pending necessary approvals. To create immersive experiences, and content unique to Sphere, we are growing our full stack creative, experience, design, production and engineering team across our Burbank studio in Los Angeles and Ventures headquarters in New York.
We focus on Career Development and Invest in YOU
Candidates who have completed 60 credits of college-level coursework (representing 2 years), or have shown similar self-development through certifications, trade school coursework, etc. are preferred. Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role.
We value diversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds
At MSG we value diversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds! MSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, sexual and reproductive health choices, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, MSG complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in all locations.