this is an Excellent article, the way its set out with the vids and pics. very technical but not rambley. I learnt alot out of it.
Bob would have been proud
Congratulations Lukas:) Amazing piece of 3D parametric shader:) thank You for sharing Your knowledge:)
SEATTLE AREA - Looking for a HIGH LEVEL Senior Technical Artist w/ SCRIPTING ABILITY.
You will need to be proficient at modeling, scripting and automating applications such as Maya. You will need to be comfortable troubleshooting and inventing within real time engines. You will work with both internal teams and external partners, including art, design, and technical discipline leads, to solve their challenges. You will provide direction to peers, and need to be comfortable with artistic critique.
- 2+ years python scripting experience in Maya or 3DsMax
- Portfolio demonstrates tech art experience in several of the following: characters, rendering, visual effects, or environments
- Experience 3D modeling with a portfolio of examples
- Experience troubleshooting workflow issues and scripting Version Control systems such as Git, SVN, or Perforce
- 2+ years of experience using Maya
- Experience leading and mentoring a team of technical artists and providing direction
- Experience collaborating with design, art, and technical teams
- Experience talking at events, such as GDC, Siggraph, etc.
- Experience working with game engines such as Unity3D or Unreal
- 2+ years experience scripting in Python and GLSL
- Experience scripting with Maya or 3DsMax
- Experience writing shaders, MDLs
- Able to troubleshoot and fix complex workflow issues in artist software, version control systems, and game engines.
- Examples of inventing new techniques or processes
HIGHLY competitive compensation.