Crytek is looking for a passionate and experienced Technical UI Artist who supports the UI team with implementing and optimizing art assets.
- Work closely with UI/UX designers and UI programmers.
- Implement and maintain UI assets in the game.
- Find a balance between desired aesthetics and the technical constraints of the UI System.
- Ensure the performance, technical consistency and integrity of UI assets, by means of profiling and optimization.
- Communicate efficiently with the other teams on the problems you met and the solutions to bring.
- Help with ideas and feedback in the development of the UI tools.
- Understand and develop best practices, workflows and pipelines within the UI team.
- Assist in the development of necessary skills in the UI team.
- 2+ years of experience in technical design capacity preferably within the games industry.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- Good understanding of UI / UX for interactive applications.
- Ability to understand and communicate technical issues from an aesthetic point of view.
- Proficiency in visual scripting languages such as Schematyc, Blueprints etc.
- Knowledge in object-oriented design.
- Strong technical skill set and experience with scripting.
- Experience working with game engines, preferably CRYENGINE.
- Team player and self-driven and willing to learn.
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with a strong affinity for transparency.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Strong math skills.
- Object-oriented programming skills.
- Experience with Flash (Actionscript 2/3)
- UI Technical Artists - Regular