It's not shown in the video, but there is an option in the Poly Reduce node to keep Quads and it does a marvelous job keeping intact the original shape decreasing geometry in the areas whereis not needed. Unfortunately the Poly Reduce node only keeps quads if the input mesh is already quad based. In order to get quads from non quad geometries you need to try the Voxel node.
can 80.lv stop posting this kind of low-quality 'showcase' articles? If I wanna find showcase/reel, I can find them easily on Viemo, cgsociety. Everyone know houdini can be used to do destruction, simulation, etc. there is no need to show another destruction unless posting a helpful 'tutorial'. However, this is not.
Can it produce quads, too?
Join the team that made Tilt Brush, and help create immersive experiences, beautiful art, and new mediums.
You can apply here.
- Create 2D and 3D content including particles, shaders, textures, models, lighting/lightmaps and animation where necessary.
- Build VR and AR features for existing applications and prototype new ones.
- Work with the Art and Engineering teams to make sure VR/AR applications hit their performance targets and never drop a frame.
- Find innovative solutions and techniques to assure those assets achieve a locked, high framerate.
- Support diverse clients, including small footprint mobile devices.
- 3 years relevant work experience in game development or other real-time entertainment.
- Experience collaborating and working with cross-functional teams and international teams.
- Portfolio of work demonstrating visual design and art direction skills and principles for consumer-facing products.
- Scripting experience including Python, PyMEL, MEL script and Lua.
- Experience creating fantastic and polished 3D visuals including particles, lighting, atmospherics, post-processing, and/or shaders where necessary.
- Experience in game development and with both high end (desktop) rendering engines and 3D mobile rendering engines.
- Unity experience creating tools, plugins, scripts, editor debug and asset import tools, integrating additional libraries and external plugins.
- Passion for virtual reality and the future of 3D content creation.