Long life to Embark studio and its fabulous procedural artists dream team !
truly excellent and inspiring to read. Would have loved to read some on the texturing since that is top-notch.
great environment with a lovely serene sense. Thanks for the write-up!
Telltale Games is looking for a Texture Artist to create visually compelling and creative artwork.
- Create textures for various art styles ranging from stylized to realistic (Illustrative preferred)
- Create specular/gloss maps
- Work non-destructively within Photoshop and Substance Painter
- Work closely with Art Director and Modeling teams to provide hand-painted textures for 3D models, characters, environments, and props
- Create and maintain an organized texture library
- Work within constraints set by the technology (texture sizes, transparency limitations, etc.)
- Work within Maya to ensure UV’s are set up and utilized correctly for 3D meshes
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Strong ability to create hand-painted textures from scratch to finish (skills assessment may be required)
- An excellent understanding of color theory and lighting, and an affinity for texturing characters and props as well as architectural and natural environment elements
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop
- Familiarity with Substance Painter
- Excellent traditional painting skills
- Able to collaborate and bring creativity to a team of artists
- Be able to work quickly and efficiently under tight deadlines
- Strong portfolio demonstrating an ability to work with a broad range of subjects and styles from realistically detailed to stylized (Digital portfolio preferred, DON’T forget to include your link in the application form!)
- General understanding and experience with basic 3D modeling within Maya
- Strong working knowledge of polygonal texturing and UV layout