On being a Texture Artist at Ubisoft TorontoAs a Texture Artist at UbiTO, you will make an immersive world come alive by creating and applying textures that give depth and dimension to everything within it.With a mix of observation, skill, and imagination, you add the details that define characters, objects, and environments. You take inspiration from reality to build believable materials, and adapt to new tools to push them to their full potential. You freely choose the methods that work best for you to create a finished look that fits the feel of the game and makes it memorable.
The daily life of a Texture Artist at Ubisoft Toronto:
- Collaborate with the art team to grasp the game’s artistic vision and set texture priorities.
- Study concept art and research your own references to develop the visual design language.
- Work closely with level artists to understand environment needs.
- Create textures from scratch, references, or scans & build and organize your texture library.
- Partner with modellers to suggest textures and help with 3D mapping.
- Find balance between artistic aspects and technical constraints.
- Polish textures and apply them to 3D models.
- Document and share your knowledge and best practices.
- Modify your work based on feedback received from interdependent teams (debug and optimize).
What you'll bring:
- A college diploma in 3D Modelling or equivalent (undergraduate degree an asset)
- At least 1-3 years of experience in texturing, modelling, lighting, or other related experience
- Knowledge of 2D art tools (e.g. Photoshop) and familiarity with 3D software (e.g. 3DS Max, ZBrush, or Maya) + game engines (e.g. Unity or Unreal)
- A solid understanding of art fundamentals (lighting, composition, proportion, colour theory, etc.), physically based rendering, and game constraints
- A highly creative, collaborative, and innovative spirit
- Excellent observation, communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Motivation to reach out for feedback and adapt to it
- Aesthetic sensitivity and a keen eye for even the subtlest of details!
We know that skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
- A portfolio of your best work (attach images or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio)
Follow this link to apply: https://smrtr.io/cRHSC