Hi Elliott, This is a great breakdown and very generous in sharing your process and insights, you came a long way from the vending machine days!
Are you planning on releasing the UE4 project to the public? Or only builds? I'd love to play around with it in the editor if possible!
Massive is currently looking for a new passionate texture & material artist to contribute to the development in a very ambitious art team.
You can apply here.
- Working with your Lead, other art teams and Art director to create high-quality AAA textures & materials.
- Producing benchmark materials and textures using Substance Designer
- Overseeing and develop the material library
- Assisting in designing, implementing and maintaining material pipelines
- Researching new texture tools and techniques to create more efficient and visually appealing environments
- Working with the lead technical artist and develop advanced shaders
- 3+ years of experience with making materials and textures for next-gen AAA game environments
- Expert skills in Substance Painter and Designer.
- An artistic eye and relevant portfolio work
- Strong modeling skills in a 3D modeling software
- Solid understanding of PBR rendering and material / light interactions
- Must be proactive and work well in a large team environment