I've never heard of isolating the green channel of the normal map and using it as a paint layer. What effect does that create exactly?
WARNING They dont listen to their users as much as they like to say they do. Check their forums. Plenty of requests go unanswered. Their "To Do" list has been outdated. They lack staple features such as a Text Tool, Adjustment Layers, Channels, Layer Styling, Proper Cropping. Paintstorm cant even resize a photo correctly (It will always leave a border when resizes). You also run into square artifacts occasionally. There have also been several instances were paintstorm was detected as malware, once called out, the dev reuploads a clean version. This happened at least twice from forum reports and Virus Total. Aside from the very obvious lack of support and maintinence. The brush system is good. However a good brush engine will not replace the other basic features and functions paintstorm lacks. DO NOT expect support. This is definitely a homegrown app and it shows. If you want a versatile brush engine, clip studio or even krita is where its at.
Massive is currently looking for a new passionate texture & material artist to contribute to the development in a very ambitious art team.
You can apply here.
- Working with your Lead, other art teams and Art director to create high-quality AAA textures & materials.
- Producing benchmark materials and textures using Substance Designer
- Overseeing and develop the material library
- Assisting in designing, implementing and maintaining material pipelines
- Researching new texture tools and techniques to create more efficient and visually appealing environments
- Working with the lead technical artist and develop advanced shaders
- 3+ years of experience with making materials and textures for next-gen AAA game environments
- Expert skills in Substance Painter and Designer.
- An artistic eye and relevant portfolio work
- Strong modeling skills in a 3D modeling software
- Solid understanding of PBR rendering and material / light interactions
- Must be proactive and work well in a large team environment