WHO IS SUPERJOY STUDIOS?
SuperJoy Studios - where quality and imagination come together to deliver unforgettable gaming adventures in the Fortnite Metaverse. With a team of talented developers, central to the Fortnite Creative space, we strive to create custom games and experiences that are not only visually stunning but also immersive, engaging, and above all, fun. Get ready to embark on an epic adventure with SuperJoy Studios!
Picture Yourself on the Team
As a Full-time Game Programmer, you will be creating unique and immersive experiences SuperJoy Studios publishes for its worldwide player base! Your focus as a Game Programmer will be writing robust and extensible code in UE and UEFN that facilitates the functionality of our unique experiences! Your expertise in using Verse to write code, debugging like you have a certificate in pest control, and working collaboratively with a cross-functional team will be instrumental in the success you find in the role. Between the unique clients SuperJoy partners with and the ambitious goals of our team you will find stimulating opportunities to improve your technical skill set, creative problem solving, and progress your career at SuperJoy Studios!
Who you Are
- You have a vested interest in the experiences and games you have a hand in bringing to life!
- You’re searching for a stimulating role with unique technical needs that will require you to creatively problem solve in ways you yet to be challenged in!
- You have meticulous attention to detail - so much so that you’ve already found a typo in this posting…
- Your resilience is unmatched! You’re able to persevere even when things get buggy or creative visions need alignment!
- You're a team-player! Working with diverse teams on unique projects that continuously raise the bar for industry standards is a dream!
- Utilize UE and UEFN to develop, optimize, and maintain superior games and interactive experiences intended for Fortnite Creative.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and clients to program and implement gameplay features, mechanics, physics, and systems. Ensure the experience is functional from a technical perspective.
- Offer creative solutions and impervious code that facilitates the unique ideas, aesthetics, and game design of our experiences.
- Craft efficient, collaborative and maintainable code in Verse. Assist the team with code reviews and troubleshooting of technical issues.
- Conduct rigorous testing and debugging to ensure game stability, optimize performance, and user experience. Participate in Beta testing.
- Work autonomously to manage schedule and workflow to produce quality code in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Keep perpetually updated on UEFN updates, changes in the Fortnite Creative development space, and Unreal best practices. Develop and implement debug tools and software systems.
Your Past Accomplishments
- Strong Bonus: Bachelor's degree in Game Design, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of experience as a Game Programmer, Designer, or Developer using Unreal Engine, UEFN, or alike.
- Familiarity with Fortnite and Fortnite Creative gameplay. Understanding of Creative Mode and its tools.
- Blue Shell bonus: Experience building Fortnite Creative Maps or Gaming Experience. Playing Fortnite and its Creative Modes.
- Expert ability to create and maintain robust systems and codes using Verse. C++ and other programming languages are a strong bonus!
- Experience developing high-quality games or game engine technology professionally.
- Strong interpersonal and communication abilities, including a proven fluency in English (both written and verbal forms).
- While this position can be remote, you will be expected to maintain a set schedule that allows for easy collaboration with the team. Expect to have a majority of your working hours set between 9 to 5pm CST.
- This role is a full-time contract position. Expect 40-hours per week with additional availability outside of normal working hours for product launches and updates.
- The questions below are in place of a cover letter, please answer them with care.