@Tristan: I studied computergrafics for 5 years. I'm making 3D art now since about half a year fulltime, but I had some experience before that. Its hard to focus on one thing, it took me half a year to understand most of the vegetation creation pipelines. For speeding up your workflow maybe spend a bit time with the megascans library. Making 3D vegetation starts from going outside for photoscanns to profiling your assets. Start with one thing and master this. @Maxime: The difference between my technique and Z-passing on distant objects is quiet the same. (- the higher vertex count) I would start using this at about 10-15m+. In this inner radius you are using (mostly high) cascaded shadows, the less the shader complexety in this areas, the less the shader instructions. When I started this project, the polycount was a bit to high. Now I found the best balance between a "lowpoly" mesh and the less possible overdraw. The conclusion of this technique is easily using a slightly higher vertex count on the mesh for reducing the quad overdraw and shader complexity. In matters visual quality a "high poly" plant will allways look better than a blade of grass on a plane.
Is this not like gear VR or anything else
The team is looking for a well-rounded UI Artist focused on front-end implementation to help craft the UI of Overwatch.
- Collaborate with a team of engineers and UI developers with to ensure final product reflects design vision
- Design awesome game interfaces that complement and develop the Overwatch style
- Assist cross-functional teams to build logical, readable, and seamless UI solutions
- Develop art and layout concepts for UI using static and animated solutions
- Experience in implementation of front-end graphics(e.g., XAML, HTML5)
- A real passion for game interfaces, art, graphic design and animation.
- Ideally 2-3 years’ UI art/design experience
- Ideally has expert knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Flash
- Able to communicate the UI/UX process effectively
- Understanding of Overwatch’s distinct visual style and dedication to push it to the next level
- Have an understanding of the purpose of UI within a player’s gaming experience
- Experience in 3D applications
- Experience with visual effects
- Shipped at least one AAA game as a UI artist