Foundry 42 Ltd is looking for a talented UI Artist to work on Star Citizen.
- Work within the UI team and assist in defining the look/feel of key user-interfaces and styles, engaging in all aspects of the design process.
- Construct menu systems, buttons, and other necessary UI assets as well as integrate those assets, iterating directly within the game engine to achieve desired results.
- Work with engineers and other team members in understanding the functionality necessary for implementing various interface/interaction solutions.
- Present UI mock-ups and design solutions to the rest of the UI team.
- Proactively engage in the collaborative process and provide feedback and suggestions to fellow team members.
Skills & Requirements
- At least three or more years of experience in designing user-interfaces for games and/or other related software mediums.
- Experience with software development processes, and working within production deadlines.
- A portfolio showcasing exceptional design skill and affinity toward clean and modern visual aesthetics.
- Moderate to high degree of experience in Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Experience working with version control software (Perforce, or similar).
- Ability to clearly articulate reasoning behind design decisions.
- Internally driven and proactive, harbouring a deep passion for establishing and maintaining great user experiences and stunning visual design.
- International travel may be required as part of the role.
- Experience in After Effects, 3D rendering software (e.g. 3DS Max, Cinema4D, etc.), Flash or other motion graphics software.
- Knowledge in ActionScript and / or similar scripting language.
- Experience developing for VR devices.
- Experience working within CryEngine.