Weekly NewsletterThank you for subscription. You'll be getting weekly digest every Friday.
The GDC clip is basically him talking on others people work completely unrelated to what he's supposed to sell. High five!
UI Developer at Insomniac Games
9 April, 2018
Insomniac Games is looking for a skilled UX designer who’s passionate about creating intuitive UI that contributes to compelling gameplay experiences and player engagement.
Salary: not mentioned
Company: Insomniac Games
Location: United States, Burbank
Position type: Full-time
Remote job: no
Relocation Assistance: no
You can apply here.
- Designs and documents UI flow for all aspects of a game user interface
- Creates UI design mockups, wireframes, and prototypes
- Implements UI features, menus, and elements using Actionscript 3
- Responsible for creating and maintaining the back-end framework of a UI pipeline
- Contributes to keeping a UI on the cutting edge of technology innovations and change
- Works closely with Lead to create a usable interface for a game and to ensure that UI design aligns with game art direction
- Reconciles art and design needs in UI design
- Participates in usability testing, interpreting test results, and creating actionable tasks
- Acts as UI representative when interacting with other departments
- Other duties may be assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in information architecture, new media, information technology, communications, or library/information science
- Comprehensive experience with Actionscript 3
- Experience in C++ or C#
- Knowledge of Flash, PhotoShop, Illustrator
- Intermediate knowledge of Maya or other major 3D modeling programs