As a UI Technical Artist at Ubisoft Toronto, you'll be the link between art and code. You'll work with industry-leading tools, like our Snowdrop game engine and collaborate with a team of UI/UX Designers, Artists and Programmers, to create some of the most advanced UI content ever seen in video games.
What you'll do
- Utilizing our node-based (visual scripting language) in Snowdrop, you will create the UI that allows players to create and share procedurally generated levels, and to interact with the community of creators which we will foster.
- Creating UI graphs which control both logic and rendering of the Creative Mode menu system.
- Creating UI graphs for the in-game HUD
- Collaborating with UI and Game Programmers to create new nodes and UI logic.
- Collaborating with UI artists and designers to deliver the visual and interactive targets.
- Ensuring our UI is performant with continual measurement and iteration.
What you'll bring You enjoy creating content (or realizing content based on concepts) and are not afraid of taking initiative. You have an eye for quality and are always seeking to improve. You enjoy solving problems and are able to think both technically and artistically, considering accessibility and optimization in your work. You are comfortable working within a multidisciplinary team and you are team-oriented. You have a positive attitude with the ability to give and receive constructive feedback.
- Ability to find and debug issues within content
- A relevant degree in an Art/Tech field, or equivalent work experience
- If you have a portfolio available, we're looking forward to seeing it
Below requirements are not a must-have for this opening:
- Experience with node-based, visual scripting game engines is a plus
- Understanding various design tools (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effect & 3D software) is a plus
- Experience in scripting/programming is a plus
- Knowledge in Shading in nodes (HLSL/GLSL) is a plus
We know that skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
Follow this link to apply: https://smrtr.io/d3cKt