WE ARE BLANKHANS
We are a game studio boutique dedicated to lean and high-quality crafting of outstanding experiences.
We value the craftsmanship of classic game-making and the iterative world of live games. Our culture is “Fun.”We genuinely believe that only a team that enjoys what they are doing for a living, where the route is the goal, will achieve the impossible.
BLANKHANS is a decentralized game studio born in a world where work has to fit into people’s lives and not life into work. We aim for maximum transparency and trust in our teams and ask for nothing less than your professional dedication.
We are looking for a versatile Game UI/UX Designer to join our team and work on our game Ultracore. As a Game UI/UX Designer, you will work collaboratively with game designers and engineers to design, implement, and optimize the UI and UX for our upcoming game Ultracore.
We strive to build great experiences for players in the Survival Sandbox genre, which drives our teams. An ideal candidate will bring a collaborative mindset and be comfortable working in a remote setup.
The successful candidate must have an excellent eye for detail, style, and deep knowledge of UI/UX best practices for games combined with a passion for creating thoughtful and intuitive user flows and beautiful interfaces. The applicant must be experienced in creating wireframes, mood boards, design concepts, and prototypes based on specs and strategy documents.
- Collaborate with game designers and engineers to design, implement, and optimize the UI and UX for our cross-platform game running on PC, Consoles, and Mobile.
- Design, test, and iterate upon comprehensive user flows
- Create highly polished, game-ready user interface assets
- Build wireframes, interactive prototypes, and presentations as needed for proof of concept and implementation.
- Be prepared to help implement prototypes (with engineering and UI support) to show proof of concept.
- 5+ years of experience designing experiences, products, and platforms as a User Experience Designer or Interaction Designer.
- Experience with Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, Miro, or other industry design and prototyping tools.
- Experience designing interfaces and interactions for PC or console games.
- A minimum of 1-year experience working with game engines (Unreal, Unity, etc.).
- Solution-driven and self-motivated.
- Excellent English communication skills and comfortable working closely with other engineers, designers, and producers in a fully remote environment.
- Degree in UX design/game design or equivalent.
- Games enthusiast.
- Experience with Unreal engine.
- Familiarity with game development pipelines and technical constraints, particularly for UI integration
- Demonstrated experience designing usable, engaging interfaces for games.
- Comfortable creating, iterating upon and polishing beautiful interface assets.
- An opportunity to work for a newly established game studio of industry veterans.
- A lean organization with growth potential.
- The experience of creating something from scratch with your contribution is not necessarily limited to engineering.
- Receive a competitive salary in your market area
- Be a part of a diverse international team with highly qualified and dedicated colleagues.
- The possibility to work fully remote with occasional workshops.
Find out more on our page Blankhans.io
Do you want to be part of our story? Help build a live service that is fun for players around the globe and be a part of our journey to craft a terrific game studio.