We're looking for a Technical Animator to join our growing Art team here at Virtex Stadium.
Working very closely with our art and development teams, we'd love for you to use control rig & animation blueprint systems in Unreal Engine to define what real-time, dynamic animation looks like for us at Virtex. The day-to-day will involve creating the tools and pipelines needed to deliver best in class runtime animation for both users and events as well as assisting in development and maintenance of a variety of real-time animation systems using a wide range of inputs including VR, motion capture, live animation.
This is a perfect role for someone looking to get hands on with the next generation of live, dynamic animation systems in real-time and using them to ship real products.
Our studio is growing and so we'd love it if you thrive in an ambiguous environment where goals and constraints are mostly team driven and where change, big or small, is a critical part of the process.
- Create re-usable and bespoke rigs and skin data
- Create dynamic animation systems for both players and talent (events) that can handle a variety on inputs (ranging from VR to Mocap)
- Identify bottlenecks in our animation pipeline and help resolve them with robust technical implementations
- Work with the Animation, Engineering, and Technical Art departments to ensure all dependencies are met
- Add to and improve our cross-engine animation retargeting solution (real-time)
If you don't match all of these requirements but feel like you have something else to offer in this role, we would still love to hear from you.
- 5+ years of professional experience as a animator or equivalent role
- Expertise and experience in using Unreal Engine
- Rigging/technical animation experience in Games or VFX/Feature Film.
- Working knowledge of Control Rig, Animation Blueprints, State Machines & other Unreal animation workflows
- A keen eye for proper form and deformation throughout wide ranges of movements
Additional Skills (pluses):
- Strong proactive problem-solving attitude and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Experience with gameplay technical animation – such as state machines, cloth, physics and ragdoll setups.
- Experience building rigs in Blender
- Experience working with novel avatar standards such as VRM, ReadyPlayerMe & VRChat
- Programming knowledge such as C++/Blender API & Plugin Writing
- Passion for Esports, VR or live events.
- Familiar with Unreal Engine Virtual Production tools and pipeline
- Passion and interest for Virtual Personas such as Vtubers