- 3D model, texture and create collision for game environment vegetation assets.
- Work closely with peers and other departments such as programming to ensure art assets are fully optimised for target platforms while minimising any impact on artistic integrity.
- Participate in R&D of new techniques to implement into the production pipeline.
- Proactively seek feedback from Lead Artist, Producer and Creative Director.
- Ensure that artistic style is consistent with defined visual style for the game, always referring back to references for the most realistic and believable outcome possible, technically and aesthetically.
Skills & Requirements
- Strong 3D & 2D art skills with knowledge in 3ds Max, Photoshop, Substance or other current technologies utilized in the production of game art.
- Experience using Zbrush or an equivalent sculpting software.
- A proactive, can-do attitude, with an eagerness to learn new software tools and technologies.
- Possess a good knowledge of PBR workflow and shader techniques.
- Ability to work in a team setting, under deadlines and time constraints.
- A strong understanding of artistic composition, light and colour.
- Ability to work with a high degree of self-direction and motivation.
- Strong communication and time management skills.
- Able to prioritize and multi-task.
- Creative nature with strong problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge and experience with game engine pipelines such as Unreal or Unity.