Weekly NewsletterThank you for subscription. You'll be getting weekly digest every Friday.
VFX Artist at Blizzard
13 September, 2018
The studio is working on a new, unannounced Diablo project. Are you a skilled VFX Artist? Come work with the team!
Salary: not mentioned
Location: USA, Irvine
Position type: Full-time
Remote job: no
Relocation Assistance: yes
- Creation of hand crafted visual effects to be used in real-time game assets.
- Technical setup, integration, and troubleshooting of VFX in a real-time game engine.
- Work with lead artists to ensure timely completion of VFX assets at the desired quality bar.
- Serve as an active participant in team art discussions, critiques, and reviews.
- A minimum of 2 years’ creating real-time special FX for video games
- Experience with creating consistently brilliant, eye catching real-time FX using Photoshop, Maya, and in-game FX systems
- Able to paint special FX textures from scratch and match an established style
- Proficiency with 3D graphics, particle systems, physics, ribbons, shaders, etc…
- Working knowledge of rendering engines and experience designing VFX shaders
- Solid game design awareness and an exceptional game design-oriented collaborator
- Self-driven, excellent communicator
- Solicits feedback and critique frequently; uses feedback to improve content
- Previously shipped AAA PC or console titles as a VFX artist
- Experience authoring custom materials and graphics shaders
- Scripting experience in LUA, Python, etc.
- Skill in one or more related disciplines – illustration, modeling, animation, or technical art
- Understanding of the visual style of Blizzard games and a passion to push it to the next level