Thanks, Allar! Good luck with your new project!
Who just carries around $250.000 worth of files on a portable hardrive without any backups.. The bug is stupid, but this guy is a moron.
Michael Allar here. Thanks a bunch for posting this, I really appreciate it. I'm also the guy who wrote that Confessions article that was posted here on 80.lvl as well.
As Visual Effects (VFX) Artist you will be responsible for prototyping and creating Visual Effects for real-time use in games.
- Conceptualize, design, and create visual effects for games.
- Create and apply dynamic animation and simulation techniques to a variety of effects to simulate physical & energetic phenomenon.
- Work collaboratively with the Game Design discipline to understand the VFX requirements, and support the communication of gameplay mechanics information back to the player through visual elements.
- Support the VFX and Art Directors in the overall VFX vision for the game, while also taking VFX ownership on various environments mechanics, and sequences as assigned.
- You have extensive experience with real-time visual effects editors as well as particle systems.
- You know how to create high quality, optimized VFX for Xbox One and/or PS4 titles and have keen eye for timing, animation, and weight.
- You have working knowledge of Maya, and/or other commercial 3D authoring and fluid sim packages to generate source textures and models.
- You’re capable of injecting personality and humour into visual effects through stylization.
- You’ve worked on games before and have a thorough understanding of the game development process.
- Ideally, you have experience with scripting languages and shader authoring (HLSL).
- You have strong interest in VFX and evaluate competitive products to learn from their VFX implementation solutions.
- Previous experience leading other artists, and inspiring them to greatness is a big plus!
- Experience as a modeler and/or texture artist or animator a plus!
- You are a proficient verbal and written communicator.
- You are self-motivated and ideally, you are an avid gamer!