If you go for Unity and Biomes, as you wrote in your article, please do support Vegetation Studio Pro. Your work is awesome, can't wait to see it on the store.
Great breakdown of the process and optimization, thanks for sharing.
This article just not only provides great tools for level design. It's also useful vocabulary to express ideas with our team. https://xbeasts.blogspot.com/2018/12/Remove-Wall-Decals.html
Insomniac Games is looking for a VFX artist to come in and help create dynamic assets to work and assist in gameplay, environment, and cinematics of the game.
- Create, design and implement real-time particle effects using both static and animating 2D/3D elements
- Place effects throughout levels and cinematics
- Paint particle and decal textures
- Create simulations for gameplay elements
- Create FX shaders with node-based shader networks
- Create FX textures (color, normal, specular, ambient occlusion, height, and incandescent maps.)
- Create simple geometry and assign UV’s.
- Optimize FX for framerate and memory.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure that FX are implemented appropriately in the game engine.
- Work with Art Director to maintain FX art direction for game.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal oversight: Understands and adds to the overall art style of game.
- Orchestrates FX events involving layering and timing of different FX to create a believable scene.
- Other duties may be assigned
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in Maya, competent working with joints and locators, keyframing, rigid body simulations, hard surface modeling, and UV mapping.
- Proficient in Photoshop for painting and editing textures.
- Proficient with node-based shader networks.
- Knowledge of other visual effects software a plus.